Friday, October 5, 2012

DC, Jack Johnson, & Bieber Fever

I have been a terrible blogger lately.  No consistency.  So sorry!

Today is Fresh Friday! A place for me to keep myself accountable.  A time to let loose and hopefully express with excitement anything new I have tried, accomplished or brought to my life.  I have actually done lots of new and exciting things lately, but since I haven't been writing I have just kept it to myself or possibly just put it on Facebook.  So here it is I will give you the top 3 most exciting things that have happened to me since I last blogged...

First: I visited Washington DC for the first time! My husband and I had the chance to go for business, and decided it would be a great time to see as much of the city as possible.  No Obama sightings.  Which is probably for the best.  I think my husband may have had some choice words for him.  Although maybe that would have been cool to see! (By the way did you catch the presidential debate?)  We did see every monument and most of The Smithsonian. We took a Red Bus tour which I highly recommend.  They are an awesome way to see any city.  We especially liked the tour after stuffing our bellies at The Old Ebbit Grill and having Sweet Carolina cocktails.  I had no idea sweet tea vodka existed.  That is one dangerous drink!
The White House
Second: I met Jack Johnson! I am just in love with his music.  Not a day goes by that I don't listen and sing along to it.  We were at Disneyland.  He was there with his family.  I actually recognized him from the back of his head.  He was delightful and so sweet.  I did totally interrupt his family time, and he could have been pist.  He wasn't which makes me an even bigger fan.  Living in LA we see people in the industry all the time.  I usually try not to say anything and respect their privacy.  Seeing one of my favorites busted that philosophy to shreds.  I couldn't let the opportunity be passed up.  I think I may have to start doing that more often.  We saw Jane Fonda in the airport on our way to DC.  I should have bugged her too.  Why not, I mean the opportunity may never present itself again.  You only live once right! 
Jack with my kids!
Third: I took my daughter to see Justin Bieber.  It was actually really fun.  Lots of little girls all decked out to worship their teen idol.  He was a great performer.  The coolest part for me was that my daughter wasn't at all embarrassed to go to a concert with her mom.  We had a great time together, and she was so happy.  It was awesome.
Bieber Fever
I will be a more consistent blogger. I pinky promise! Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment